How to sort out your wardrobe


As it always happens with brilliant ideas, this one appeared from nowhere, but it worked out so well, I thought I'd write about it. Everything began when, in a light of possible move, I've decided to buy new clothes hangers. Why? Because I am going to have a big build-in wardrobe, which has to be perfect. And perfect wardrobe needs good hangers. Just picture one of those luxurious boutiques and expensive hotels and you will have an exact idea of the perfect clothes hanger and its chic impact.

Unfortunately, the more hangers you buy the more expensive the whole idea becomes, so I needed to know the exact number and decided to write a list of all the items I've got.

To my surprise, this helped me to find out now only the number I was after, but also

a) how many items I had in every category (i.e. dresses, tops, shirts/blouses, jeans, skirts, trousers, coats/jackets)

b) which categories were complete and didn't require any additional items

c) which categories did require additional purchases (in my case I need 2 more long-sleeved shirts (white and colour) and a pair of jeans that make my bottom look perfect (oh, yes, I do believe in miracles)

d) which items in each category required alterations

e) best ways to combine certain things

Once I was done with the list, I felt like continuing and added shoes and bags to it. None of these two categories needed additions (although I would love a pair of gladiator sandals in oak brown colour).

You know, I am feeling so happy and relaxed now as if I solved a complicated fashion puzzle. All I need now is to move, buy new hangers and arrange everything I have in a beautiful order.


0 comments:

Post a Comment