Style resolutions 2010

I loved UK Vogue this months. A few good articles and plenty of beautiful images kept me busy reading and enjoying the issue.

20 New Year Shopping Resolutions was one of the reads that got my attention and I really want to share it with you, not only because some may find it useful, but also because I'd love to know your opinion about it. I am not going to post all 20 "new year rules", but will pick my favourites instead. If you want to know/read the rest, please let me know. All the pictures I use here are my own selection, not the ones used by Vogue. And yes, I am going to add little notes here and there because I am in a talkative mood today. Enjoy!

♥ SHOP FOR NUDE.
Update almost any colour for s/s 2010 (from dayglo lime to sky blue) by colour-blocking with this blushed neutral.

Nicole Farhi. Louise Goldin. Adam. Spring/Summer 2010

♥ STOCK UP ON SILKS AND MASTER THE ART OF TYING A HEADSCARF a la Marni.
It's an ideal way to add punch to grey winter knits (... or add a warm touch on a cold winter day, or just beautify yourself on a "bad hair day", FashionTitbits), and you will be a pro by the time you head to the beach come summer.


Marni. Spring/Summer 2010

This reminded me of Gloria Trillo from The Sopranos series (LOVE The Sopranos, by the way and funnily enough, we always watch the whole lot over Christmas) and how she wore a scarf and a hat on top of it. It looked so chic! Here's a picture from that episode, without a hat.


♥ WHITE SKIRT
Whether you play or not, get a white tennis skirt and you are half way to acquiring an Hermès s/s 2010 wardrobe; wear with a white-tipped long black cardigan.

Hermès. Spring/Summer 2010.

♥ SPEND ON JEWELLERY
It makes an old dress or t-shirt look new. Chunky bangles are a good place to start.

Bottega Veneta. Marni. Lanvin. Spring/Summer 2010


♥ BUY SHOES YOU CAN WALK IN
Note from FashionTitbits: I can say that there aren't that many style I can't walk in... and not, I am not trying to show off. But I thought it's a such a good reminder to many girls out there who'd rather kill themselves than buy better shoes or wear something they feel comfortable in. I truly believe that a woman in uncomfortable shoes never look sexy. Woman in heels - yes, woman in uncomfortable heels - no.
If heels aren't your thing yet, you can start your "training routine" by wearing wedges. My favourite and oh-so-comfortable ones are by Castañer. Or stick with classic and beautiful ballerinas and jewelled flat sandals.

Bottega Veneta. Chloe. Calvin Klein. Spring/Summer 2010.


♥ LEARN MORE HIGH IMPACT - LOW EFFORT TRICKS
Here is an example: buy a cropped tux jacket and wear it everywhere. Team it with your most shredded jeans and, somehow, you will still look smarter that everyone else.
Note to myself: I MUST find my perfect blazer in 2010. I really really really need one.

♥ PROMISE TO LOOK AFTER A WHITE SHIRT THIS SEASON
See it as your new best friend. Start over with a new one, vow to always wash it in a biological washing powder, add glo-white and spray lightly with starch before ironing. Or get it dry-cleaned.

Vogue Paris 2004

♥ DON'T ADD YET ANOTHER LITTLE BLACK DRESS TO YOUR BURGEONING COLLECTION
Break the habit and purchase a pastel-coloured confection.

Collette Dinnigan. Valentino. Luella.

Gianfranco Ferré. Donna Karan. Burberry Prorsum. Spring/Summer 2010

Images via style.com, Vogue Paris

0 comments:

Post a Comment