Warm cloud of soft gorgeousness

Everyone has an opinion about the fur. Frankly, since I moved countries the subject became almost painful to discuss. But you know what? I love fur coats. Not as an unnecessary luxury, but more something I always had since I was a little girl.

I grew up in a country where it would be very difficult to get through a cold winter without a warm fur coat. Trust me, fakes, as beautiful as some can be, simply wouldn't work. Not many people had cars and not many could afford a taxi. Those were luxuries. Fur has always been an essential item of clothing.

All women in my family wore furs. Every time my mum returned home I loved hiding my face in that wonderful fur to inhale a very special fragrance, a beautiful mixture of cold winter air, mum's French perfume and fur.

Now I live in England where I don't really need a fur coat. Moreover, wearing one could be quite controversial. Although I tried to explain it to my mum and dad, they still wanted to give me a gorgeous mink as a gift. Yes, I don't wear it and yes, it is my treasure because it's from my parents and they put their heart, soul and loving thoughts into this present.

But enough about me. Here I present you with a beautiful selection of furs and some fashion editorials. Personally, I love traditional furs and colours, with brown mink and silver fox being my absolute favourite, but I must admit, those white and colourful creations do look beautiful, too.

What are your thoughts on fur? Love it? Hate it?

Iceberg. Derek Lam. Fall/Winter 2009/10


Ralph Lauren. J Mendel. Fall/Winter 2009/10

W magazine, September 2009

Pucci. Versace. Fall/Winter 2009/10

W magazine, June 2009. Harper's Bazaar Italia September 1984

Glamour Russia 2009. Elle Russia November 2009


Preen. Catherine Malandrino. Fall/winter 2009/10
Vogue Portugal 2009. Vogue Paris.


Dolce & Gabbana. Michael Kors. Fall/winter 2009/10

Elle Italia September 2009. Vogue Russia September 2009

Richard Chai. Derek Lam. Fall/Winter 2009/10

Chado Ralph Rucci. Matthew Williamson. Fall/Winter 2009/10

Vogue Paris 2009. Vogue Nippon December 2009


J Mendel. Fall/Winter 2009/10. Christian Dior. Pre-fall 2009.

Alexander McQueen. Pre-fall 2009. Bibhu Mohapatra. Fall/Winter 2009/10

Vogue Italia 2009. Vogue Russia 2009

Alessandro Dell'Acqua. Max Mara. Fall/Winter 2009/10

Valentino. Giambattista Valli. Fall/Winter 2009/10

Images via style.com, top image via Vogue Czech Republic 2009


0 comments:

Post a Comment