10 things about me

I was tagged by lovely OceanDreams today (thank you, sweetie, you made me feel really special!). Actually, I think this important event occurred last night but I've only found out today because of the time difference - honestly, if only I knew... I'd stay up all night and wait for it! I am so honored and excited to be tagged! This has never happened to me before. It's such a privilege. I feel like I suddenly got new friends who actually and sincerely like reading my blog!

So without further ado, it's time to tell you a bit more about me (I will add some photos later).

1. I was born in Russia and moved to England almost 8 years ago because my wonderful husband is British. Now I call England my home and feel happy here. I guess, it has more to do with being with somebody I love rather than location, although I like this country a lot, too.

2. I love cooking. I can cook pretty much anything, but I adore making desserts and risotto. I am famous for my muffins, creme caramel and Tiramisu gateaux cake. At the moment I am learning to make perfect ice-cream and macaroons.

3. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a ballerina. At the age of 8 I begged my parents to subscribe me to a magazine called "Russian Ballet" where I found an article about ballet school. The article said that according to the rules I didn't have "ballet feet". Basically, in case you want to know what it means, "perfect ballet feet" have big toe and second (and ideally, third) toe that are of the same length. Mine are just "regular". So being so imperfect I've changed my mind and decided to be a vet but a friend of ours told me that as a student you have to go on a farm and practice with cows and pigs, not dogs and cats as I dreamed. Well... At the end I went to University and got a degree in Economics.

4. I graduated from music school and play piano.

5. I am very stubborn (purely because of my zodiac sign), but I am happy to change my mind and be convinced if I think it's worth it.

6. I would like to spend the last few years of my life in Paris. Have a dog, a flat, a very minimalistic wardrobe that includes two Chanel suits, some Hermes scarves, a few pairs of beautiful shoes and tons of gorgeous lingerie.

7. Hospitals scare me. I cannot walk into one without feeling faint (and sometimes I do faint...)

8. I love dogs, but I would also have a cat if I could. Russian blue is my favourite favourite breed. Funnily enough, it's called British blue in Russia.

9. My favourite artists/painters are Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres and Dali. Ingres' works are incredible and I think I was drawn to his art because they looked so alive and it was hard to believe that somebody is so talented to be able to paint like that. Dali awakes something inside me. I was lucky enough to see some of his original works and was surprised how emotional and intense this experience was!

10. Books are one of the essential elements of my life. I cannot imagine myself without my little library. I've got this from my mum. My parents always encouraged my love for reading and bought me as many books as I asked for. I used to read anything and everything I could find in a house. These days I have a few absolute favourites including Nabokov's Lolita, books by Paolo Coelho and Bulgakov, Russian poetry and other Russian classics (but I don't like Dostoevsky).

So that's my 10 things. In my turn, I would like to tag the following girls I'd love to know more about...

Miss Eve (Absolutely Ladylike)

Erica (Simply Country Chic)

Sandra (Box of Style)

Frederica (Sweet as Candy)

Have fun, darlings!

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment