Alexis Mabille Haute Couture Fall 2009

Last night I checked style.com for new haute couture reports and found a gem. I felt as if this collection was inspired by Françoise Sagan's Bonjour Tristesse, hot summer days and mellow and velvety nights in the south of France, where the air smells of flowers, coffee, melted heat, cypresses and sea (although not so romantic ones refer to the latter as smell of iodine and seaweed, but really, who cares). These clothes are so feminine, wearable and stunning, one can honestly and frankly say that couture can be worn without any special reason, but simply because it makes you feel beautiful. I am in love... Totally and utterly in love. I wish I could own at least 2/3 of this incredibly gorgeous collection and, if fairies are for real, please, may I at least, have those shoes with ribbons?...



Photo source: style.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment