Kevin Murphy haircare


Since I first realised how important it is to nourish it properly I've been trying to eat not only good foods most of the time, but buy as much organic, too. In time I felt like using more natural (not exactly organic or free from everything, but better than regular brands I used before) cosmetics for my skin and loved it. I knew it was the time to do the same for my hair, but being my stingy self, I never felt like spending money on hair products. Lets face its, hair is dead, so you can't really do much to change to whole texture of it. Well, truthfully, I did buy some shampoos, masks and conditioners once or twice, but then slowly switched to something I could just get from my supermarket. It gave me good results and was affordable. At the same time I always wished I could find a product that would not only wash my hair, but also nourish it and be natural and organic. But unfortunately, when it comes to organic haircare stuff, it's either has horrible smells or smells ok, but gives horrible results. Last Saturday I finally found a treasure. I went to have a haircut and since my hair is very long now (yes!!!) my stylist (the best in the whole world!) suggested that I try some new hair products he's got in his salon. Basically, he used them on my hair a few times, but I never really asked much about anything in particular and always thought that the silky results and smoothness I had after my salon visits were mostly due to the washing and blow-drying techniques, which I do not possess myself. However, this time he gave me a whole catalogue of products to browse and am so glad I did because I found (and bought) wonderful things I am going to use for as long as I can.

The range was developed by Kevin Murphy, a fashion hair stylist, well-known, well-experienced and really talented. After reading about his products, I was instantly tempted. Just imagine this: everything is organic and paraben and suphate free, each product contains a delicious elixir of essential oils, extracts, Omegas and amino acids to regenerate, moisturise and strengthen your hair. The packaging is also very stylish - simple, clean lines and pastel shades.

Four basic categories include washes (shampoos), rinses (conditioners), treatments (masks and serums) and styling products.

As I wash my hair daily and it's in good condition but quite long, I was advised to get Balancing Wash shampoo (with essential oils of lavender and ylang ylang, green tea, nettle and geranium extracts, amino acids and Omegas) for daily use, Born Again essential treatment (made with shea butter, rose hip oil, Omegas, L-Carnitine and olive leaf extract) that I need to apply on washed and damp hair and leave for 5-10 minutes (in my case) before I wash it off, and Born Again Mask to use once a week leaving it on hair for about 20-30 minutes.

Here is a tip for you: if your hair is longer than shoulder length, then you would also benefit from a moisturising treatment rather than just a conditioner. Or you can use a regular conditioner (a must) but leave on your hair it for at least 5 minutes. The most important part is that you really need to look after the ends of your hair, about 20 cm from the ends upwards. This hair is quite old and in danger of drying out and breaking. So apply your treatment or conditioner every time you wash your hair, leave it for 5-10 minutes, massage your scalp and make sure you get enough product on the ends. Plus, use the moisturising mask once every 7-10 days leaving it on for about 20-30 minutes.

I haven't use the mask yet, but I adore the other two products. The smells are beautiful and washing hair feels more like a bit of pampering than a routine task. I especially love the treatment because shea butter has such as yummy, velvety smell. My hair is very silky, shiny and the ends aren't dry any more. I wonder what it's going to be like if I continue using the products for a while. Time will show. I am also curious to find out how long these quantities will last for because they are a bit on a pricey side. Next time I'd also like to buy Anti Gravity volumiser (styling range). Not only because it smells of lavender and contains honey, but also because it's oil free and non-greasy, creates wonderful volume and texture and, if I can say so, invisible on your hair.

These range is available in hair salons and can also be found on-line, for example, here. For more information visit http://www.kevinmurphy.com.au/.




0 comments:

Post a Comment