My favourite fashion ads










I must admit, I can be strangely addicted to fashion advertisements and have always had favourite ones. Some are associated with certain moments of my life, some bring nostalgic emotions, some feature some of my favourite models and others are simply beautiful. Take Paloma Picasso or Lancome ad featuring Isabella, for example. These are one of the very first ads I remember. They'd always be in Burda moden magazine - the only proper fashion magazine we could buy in Russia in the late 80's early 90's before we were introduced to ELLE, Cosmo, Vogue and a few other glossies. The world of beautiful fashion pictures looked like a window to another diminution, another life that was brighter, different and classy. Nowadays it's just another form of art to me. I don't really know what it takes to create a fashion ad or what it is supposed to do to us - make us crave the object or want to look like a model on a photograph. And frankly, I don't really care as long as the resulting image makes me feel...

0 comments:

Post a Comment