Shoes



I don't know if I was born with a high-heel shoe gene, but am pretty sure I tried to get in a pair of high heels as soon as I saw one. They were my mum's sandals. Very eighties (but so now), in lime green leather and with a very high heel. I put them on and slid around the room looking like a clumsy skier and feeling like a princess.
My parents also made sure that my own sandals and shoes were pretty. Comfortable, but pretty, so I developed my taste in proper footwear since I was tiny. When I was eight, I've got my own pair of heels, about an inch high but still, they were proper heels! I was over the moon. I probably looked a bit funny, but I didn't care - I loved my shoes.

And I guess, that's how I turned into a woman who likes her high heels and until now had no flats in her shoe collection whatsoever. Even when it came to walking shoes, I chose wedges and boots with wedge heels.
Recently I've been thinking about getting a pair of flats, though. Firstly, because some of them are adorable and secondly, because I really like how French women wear them. I've found a pair I liked. I went for something pretty and girly, so somewhere inside I'd feel like a princess. I haven't worn them outside yet, still feeling a bit unsure and strange, as if I am out of my comfort zone, but I am sure I will get used to it eventually.



I wonder how long would it take to convert me into a I-love-ballerinas-kind-of-girl? Perhaps, I just need to remind myself that high heel shoes put a lot of pressure on the front of my feet. They say my feet feel as if they carry my weight multiplied by four when I am in heels. But other doctors also add that it's a lot harder and more difficult to "switch heights" after wearing high heels for a long time. Oh, God, it's like a modern "Sense and sensibility" story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment